day 10. we put the tables away and began scenework on our feet.
scrim is up; doors are in. water and blood can operate separately.
ammo should be here by weekend. we have the clown nose.
Today's random assortment is actually taken from production email. Have I told you how much I love theater?
I know it's been going on for a while, but I find it slightly scary that the nerdgeek/goth/punk subcultures have been so violently thrust out into the sunlight. I understand that in order for societies to demystify an abnormality they must mainstream it, but I almost feel a little violated and confused. The counter-counter culture movement feels very Reaganomic, which makes sense considering the world is pretty much run by Michael P. Keaton...
Okay, so I'm horrible at the whole soapboxing thing. I'm barely political. I often prefer to follow when it comes to the big things because it's just fucking easier, but I know this about myself, and I'm pretty much cool with that. I find myself torn as I age, between wanting to explore new things and finding myself simply disgusted with the newer aspects of culture...
"Let's get them all out here so they can explain themselves to us, and we can continue to make sweeping generalizations about their values and ethics!"
I'm done for now. Maybe I'll add something interesting when I'm done work. But I doubt it. My anger has fizzled at this point.
No comments:
Post a Comment