Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Dream Part 1

We went to a shop(think Target, but dreamified) and everything was on clearance, but couldn't find anything decent, even after I got a job as a salesgirl. Besides, the lines were terribly long, though I was impressed that people actually lined up single file with no nonsense. I got bored & we left, taking off my name tag & hiding it(I thought it would be a fun keepsake from the adventure). He drove, though the car was set up in the British manner(driver on the right). We had a small laptop that served as a GPS, but the damn thing was really difficult to read unless you actually sat it up on its side. Which he did, taking both hands off of the wheel to do so. Twice. The second time, the highway curved sharply to the right around a cylindrical building, and we flew off of the road into the air. I shouted to curl up into the leg area, realizing we were going to splat onto the pavement in moments and knowing as one does in dreams that it would be the best way to avoid certain death. We hit without incident, which was odd because I could feel it was powerful enough to startle me close to waking, but I was still under, and replayed the scene several times; each time trying to find a way to avoid being hurt. Once I climbed into the back seat and stretched out, asking him to do the same. Another time I opened his door and pushed him out, knowing he would float down much easier that I. Most of the do-overs were spent reminding myself that I had to save him before myself, that I shouldn't be selfish. Eventually hard contemplation of these issues brought me to full consciousness, a full forty minutes before my alarm went off. Balls.

No comments: